Our client is a large Asset Management Firm based in Geneva, looking for a:
Senior Portfolio Manager – Emerging Market Sovereign Fixed Income
The Portfolio Manager primary responsibilities include designing and managing investment strategies for EM Fixed Income in hard and local currencies primarily in the sovereign and quasi-sovereign segment within the guidelines and strategic objectives defined by the Investment Committee.
- Develop an investment strategy for EM Fixed Income in order to outperform its benchmark (EM Sovereign and quasi Sovereign).
- Contribute to the fixed income investment process.
- Manage portfolio(s) accordingly, within predefined investment constraints.
- Advise the Fixed Income Committee & Investment Committee on the prospect of the asset class.
- Advise the FX Committee on EM FX.
- Accountable for the relative performance of the managed strategies.
- Act as the back-up for other Fixed Income strategies as needed.
- Responsible for the best execution of his strategies as well as trades executed on behalf of other PMs.
- Responsible for the respect of deadlines and the excellence in the quality of deliverables.
- University degree or equivalent, CFA a plus.
- At least 7 years of experience in relevant EM fixed income portfolio management covering Latin America, Asia and Eastern Europe.
- Strong fundamental and analytical skills to support EM country/region selection (i.e. macro, FX, monetary and fiscal policies).
- Preferably with an existing network of local counterparties for research and trading.
- Stay ahead of the curve in terms of regulations, developments, new products and market trends.
- Passion for financial markets.
- Discretion and low public profile.
- Good oral and written communication skills in French and English.
- Excellent user of information systems (such as Bloomberg, Swiskey or Bloomberg EMSX, Excel and financial databases).