Our client is a large Asset Management Firm based in Geneva, looking for a:
Senior Portfolio Manager – Emerging Market Sovereign Fixed Income
The primary responsibilities include designing and managing investment strategies for EM Fixed Income in hard and local currencies primarily in the sovereign, quasi-sovereign and credit segment within the guidelines and strategic objectives defined by the Investment Committee.
- Develop an investment strategy for EM Fixed Income in order to outperform its benchmark (EM Sovereign, quasi-Sovereign and Credit).
- Contribute to the fixed income investment process.
- Manage portfolio(s) accordingly, within predefined investment constraints.
- Advise the Fixed Income Committee & Investment Committee on the prospect of the asset class.
- Advise the FX Committee on EM FX.
- Accountable for the relative performance of the managed strategies.
- Act as the back-up for other Fixed Income strategies as needed.
- Responsible for the best execution of his strategies as well as trades executed on behalf of other PMs.
- Responsible for the respect of deadlines and the excellence in the quality of deliverables.
- University degree or equivalent, CFA a plus.
- At least 7 years of experience in relevant EM fixed income portfolio management covering Latin America, Asia and Eastern Europe.
- Strong fundamental and analytical skills to support EM country/region selection (i.e. macro, FX, monetary and fiscal policies).
- Preferably with an existing network of local counterparties for research and trading.
- Stay ahead of the curve in terms of regulations, developments, new products and market trends.
- Passion for financial markets.
- Discretion and low public profile.
- Good oral and written communication skills in French and English.
- Excellent user of information systems (such as Bloomberg, Swiskey or Bloomberg EMSX, Excel and financial databases).