Our client is a Swiss Private Bank based in Geneva, looking for a General Counsel.
- Provides legal advice and guidance at all levels of the Bank in all matters concerning the legal structure and texts governing the Bank, its staff, and the conduct of its operations
- Participates in the strategic planning and management of the Bank as a member of the Executive Committee (ExCo)
- Manages and leads the staff of the Legal Service and ensures the close working relationship of the Legal Service with the Management, Departments and Services of the Bank
- Provides legal advice and assistance in order to prevent and, when necessary, settle disputes and litigations involving the Bank by defending the Bank and, when appropriate, retains and directs outside counsel in this connection
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Strong knowledge of banking law and local jurisdictions
- French and English fluent